Forums > The Library > Worlds.com
RIP Worlds.com
Created by Wirlaburla
Apr 5th, 2023 at 11:05 pm
Who's the target demographic here?
The Jersey Shore fans obviously.
Apr 6th, 2023 at 5:28 pm
Thom, get off your rocker and learn some things from the old Worlds.com. Stop making the exact same goddamn VR metaverse garbage down shit that every other company has been trying and failing at.
In the business world, it's investors first and consumers second, sadly
Apr 6th, 2023 at 7:52 pm
Thom, get off your rocker and learn some things from the old Worlds.com. Stop making the exact same goddamn VR metaverse garbage down shit that every other company has been trying and failing at.
In the business world, it's investors first and consumers second, sadly
Gotta ride that stock high. When a share is worth one cent, that's weed time for Thom.
Jul 15th, 2023 at 10:01 pm (edited)

Courtesy of sl0nderman in GZ for letting us know.

From his clip alone, the amount of just made up bullshit is insane and crazy. It's full of both fresh crap and newly-lit candles in existing dung. Where do these people get any of their information? Oh right, out their asshole. Keep in mind this is just his clips channel, and seems to be a preview of an upcoming video. His main channel has 2 million subs, which it is truly a marvel how someone can do so very little actual work into making a video and yet achieve this many followers.
Jul 16th, 2023 at 12:12 pm (edited)
From his clip alone, the amount of just made up bullshit is insane and crazy. It's full of both fresh crap and newly-lit candles in existing dung. Where do these people get any of their information? Oh right, out their asshole.
I'm willing to bet Nexpo gave him this information. Wendigoon has ties to other creators including Nexpo (ew) and EWU (an actually good channel).

I'm honestly shocked at how low he went with this considering his past videos I've watched were well researched and well thought out. But just searching up "worlds.com" will immediately bring up:
- It's Wikipedia page, which Google slaps a photo of Nexialist's fat cock onto (originally from Vice.com)
- Other youtubers and tiktokkers talking about cults
- One of the first search suggestions is literally "worlds.com cult"

I think what happened is that he ran into a Kiwifarms-type situation where the media surrounding a platform has become so saturated with misinformation that from the outside looking in it is the only easy to find information, and thus it appears to be the truth.

Of course knowing that Worlio and my own site both exist, along with others, if he had dug deeper (or just... used Worlds himself, like we all did), it would have taken little effort to find out everything he was told was total BS.

Shame on him for putting too much trust in whatever wild and baseless source he got this from. I mean... Accusing jimbly of cyberstalking? Again? What is it with youtubers being so quick to make shit up that hurts the reputations of LIVING PEOPLE? I would think the moment that kind of stuff is brought up one would double-check and try to find out where a rumor like that originally came from, not slap it into a video and hope for the best.
Jul 16th, 2023 at 3:05 pm
Obviously with registration being messed up right now, they can't log in and actually try to talk to people. Not that it matters because there's been plenty of unresearched videos that came out when registration was working normally, or people that did log in and then completely disregarded the answers people gave.
Jul 16th, 2023 at 3:08 pm
Obviously with registration being messed up right now, they can't log in and actually try to talk to people. Not that it matters because there's been plenty of unresearched videos that came out when registration was working normally, or people that did log in and then completely disregarded the answers people gave.
That is true.
I'm tempted to make a response video covering Worlds in-depth from the perspective of someone who actually uses it.
Jul 16th, 2023 at 4:05 pm
That is true.
I'm tempted to make a response video covering Worlds in-depth from the perspective of someone who actually uses it.
Good idea!
Jul 16th, 2023 at 4:48 pm
It'd just be hell for SirG, because even if half of the incoming people don't even bother figuring out what to do to log in, SirG will still have a lot of emails from people who did figure it out, and he is already busy enough as it is. Plus, we don't know how unstable the servers are right now or if there is anybody doing anything behind the scenes. It's a surprise so far they've held up with supposedly no one on the wheel. A huge influx of requests and registration attempts might hammer the server enough for it to croak.

Was thinking of that myself. A decent quality video disproving the numerous rumors and claims around Worlds.com and it's cult and predatory myths would be nice. I think it would generally be our blog post disproving what we could but in a more detailed fashion. A blog post is nice but it's a lot of words, and most of the people spreading this bullshit don't seem to like reading very much, so it'd have to be a captivating video.

I already have a general timeline of how the video will go. I want the ultimate buster of these myths and rumors. I want a video that'll be so in depth and detailed, any extra bull-crap can be immediately disproven by the level of explanation in the video.
Jul 18th, 2023 at 6:25 pm (edited)
wirla tells us about the wendigooner post
UOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHNN BOYS STRAP [in] THIS RIDE IS ABOUT TO GET GLUNKY
Joined06/07/21
Posts44
Jul 21st, 2023 at 10:00 pm
Agree with slon, the 1% of his audience that would actually download the client is filtered asap with reg being down. I'd be surprised if more than an handful of people show up and actually make it in.
Jul 22nd, 2023 at 1:20 am (edited)
So it turns out that it was a huge nothing-burger anyway, because the video has already been up for over a month already.
"The Disturbing & Controversial Video Game Iceberg" (piped.video Alt)
Worlds.com appears at 00:46:20. It's bullshit but it's bullshit that didn't do anything. Lol, what a goon.
Jul 22nd, 2023 at 2:43 am (edited)
For people not wanting to watch the above video, I'll recap. He goes into the same old BS but gets minor details wrong throughout and goes head first into shit that has absolutely no backing to it. Not only does he imply it's true but he outright states it is: he almost redeemed himself when he said that "while I don't think there's a cult in Worlds.com", but then he jumped right off the deep end with "there is definitely a stalking ring", putting real life people directly on blast. If it were a bigger and complete video and not just a small segment without much to it, then I'm sure it would have been more damaging.

The entire segment was just cringe to listen to and he also ends it off saying that Worlds is gone and was replaced by a crypto-NFT scam, of course if you've been following this thread and especially if you're already a regular there then you know that's not the case and BowieWorld 2.0 died before it even arrived, with the new website basically serving only to kill off old webpages WorldsPlayer used to link to.

In short, it's nothing even that remarkable, just a very clear lack of care for accuracy or honesty.

I still stand by the belief that Nexpo heavily guided his research on this subject and that had he spent some time digging back through the pages of Google he would have found actual legitimate information instead. You don't rush your video when the subject matter involves the reputations of people.

I have run into at least one new member who came from Wendigoon (unsure if it's the tiktok or the full video), they seemed very receptive though and I was able to tour them around, somehow they figured out that the video was fake right off the bat which is lucky. As sl0n said though, with registrations having to be manually approved now I don't think we'll see a huge influx of noobs, the video will only damage the outside perspective.
Jul 28th, 2023 at 8:56 pm (edited)
Aw man signups are all manual???? That blowz... :slowpoke:
Guest posting not allowed
Please log in to post a reply.