Forums > The Library > Traveler
The return of Traveler!
Created by Wirlaburla
Apr 7th, 2022 at 11:00 pm
I haven't made a blogpost about this yet nor officially announced it because it is still being worked on, but to sum it up:

DigitalSpace Traveler was a neat Virtual Worlds chat program that used voice instead. It has a community around it still around before the last of it's servers went down due to insecurities. OzGate was the last one to host it, and I thank him for doing so.

I was able to get in contact with Stuart from the RenoProject (a place you should definitely check out) and now I'm on the road to bringing Traveler back! We are working on a new client to fix modern issues as well as updating server software. The code intends to be open source as soon as it can be, but it's taking it's time.

I'll be documenting some development processes and asking for feedback. I do not want to change too much about Traveler, it doesn't need to be completely overhauled, but I do think some quality of life enhancements could make it a little better. I'll update this thread with more info (that I can share) as time goes on! Exciting stuff!

You can get the current client and join the server here: https://worlio.com/traveler/
Apr 13th, 2022 at 6:12 pm
Updated the page. The new Traveler page should be looking awesome now.
Joined06/07/21
Posts7
Oct 4th, 2022 at 1:36 pm
Bro this game
Joined09/24/22
Posts6
Oct 4th, 2022 at 8:59 pm
Quite interesting. Good job.
Joined03/19/22
Posts1
Mar 20th, 2023 at 5:30 pm
Are there any plans to put the DST servers back up?
Mar 21st, 2023 at 12:28 am
Are there any plans to put the DST servers back up?
Yes. Traveler is in the long process of becoming open source and our Traveler instances will be a maintained fork. For now, it's the waiting game.
Apr 4th, 2024 at 4:15 pm (edited)
DST servers back up! Don't be surprised if they are a bit finicky, but it should be working now with up to 100 users.
EDIT: Licensing is having troubles. Without the license, only one person can be on at a time. I'm working on this.
LETS FUCKING GO!! I FIXED IT!
Guest posting not allowed
Please log in to post a reply.