Forums > The Worlio Zone > Announcements
Upcoming Theme Changes
Created by Wirlaburla
Aug 2nd, 2022 at 12:47 am
Hello themers and theme-builders!

I am planning to rework the theme and asset delivery system. This new rework might break existing themes. The goal of this rework is to fix caching problems, give more in the hands of themes, and solve the dreaded font bug once and for all.

If you use a theme and notice it becoming broken, this is why. You can reset your theme by setting it back to the default via the Theme Manager, or delete the 'theme' cookie on the 'worlio.com' domain. The default theme will always be updated.

Feedback is appreciated on the upcoming changes. Thank you.
Sep 30th, 2022 at 1:21 am
An update to this announcement.

The backend asset manager for themes has been reworked. This breaks existing theme settings, and themes will need to be reselected from the manager. This asset manager has a perk though. Theme assets will no longer require a cache reset to work, and now are cached properly and changed correctly. This should improve performance a bit in some areas of the site.
Sep 30th, 2022 at 2:29 am
Fonts seem to work now, atleast on my end.

I've updated the way themes work. The primary stylesheet is now apart of the theme, but imports 'css/theme.css' to use for colors and minor changes. If you want to migrate your theme over to the new system, all you have to do is move theme.css to a folder named css. Additionally, the BBcode stylesheet and the defining of fonts is now in the css folder aswell, which means they can easily be edited and configured. The theme manager no longer displays the buggy iframe previews, and instead has resorted to much simpler and efficient PNG previews.

Over a period of time, I will try and add defining classes to the body of every page, so that styling a specific page can be possible without ruining the styles on other pages. The plan is to entirely revamp the existing default stylesheet to be much better structured and laid out for styling. Right now, it's a mess and hard to understand.
Guest posting not allowed
Please log in to post a reply.