Forums > Talk > Technology
Twitter by Elon Musk
Created by Wirlaburla
Nov 22nd, 2022 at 4:15 pm
I've been wanting to talk about this for a bit, even if my interest in anything Twitter is very slim.

I honestly think Twitter is already so much better than it was. It was such a fucking annoyance even using it for a few seconds as you would get shitty not-trending-trends and be forced to look at topics you gave no shits about. People who think Elon has no idea what he is doing has no idea who Elon is. I don't like the guy myself, but this isn't his first rodeo, nor his second.

One thing I've noticed is anytime he talks about the real verification stuff, people in his replies are quick to point to their "solution" of "real life identity checks". Like what? Are you seriously wanting people to fork up their entire identity to Twitter so they can verify them? Only the mindless would do that. People don't want to do that even if they have a chance of a new car.

I don't know, Twitter is just wild. Good to watch it burn regardless. I can't see possibly using it legitimately. Leave your thoughts and shit I guess.
Nov 26th, 2022 at 9:19 pm
I don't think Twitter has changed so much really, I just think watching the world burn while people go apeshit over it all is pretty funny.
Nov 26th, 2022 at 9:37 pm
I don't think Twitter has changed so much really, I just think watching the world burn while people go apeshit over it all is pretty funny.
Agreed. One of the reasons I made this thread.

I do dislike how he's making the Alex Jones thing such a personal problem. He won't re-instate his account for a reason so dumb, yet everyone else comes on. Feels like him and Alex have some bigger issues or something. Just doesn't seem right, but that's one of the minor annoyance out of the many now gone.
Nov 29th, 2022 at 8:25 pm
People whining about Trumps account being re-instated while Trump says he isn't going to be on Twitter at all is so fucking hilarious. The mere existence of a user on the platform people don't like makes them whine and complain. Not even a single tweet by the guy and people are tweeting about how it "ruins free speech".

:popcorn:
Nov 29th, 2022 at 8:36 pm
People whining about Trumps account being re-instated while Trump says he isn't going to be on Twitter at all is so fucking hilarious. The mere existence of a user on the platform people don't like makes them whine and complain. Not even a single tweet by the guy and people are tweeting about how it "ruins free speech".

>not allowed to express opinions
>falsely accused of starting a riot that killed people
"free speech"

>allowed to express opinions like anyone else, no matter how stupid or politically motivated
>has arguably done less wrong than the very people who dislike him
"not free speech"

who the fuck is raising twitter users to be this ass backwards????
Nov 29th, 2022 at 8:40 pm

>not allowed to express opinions
>falsely accused of starting a riot that killed people
"free speech"

>allowed to express opinions like anyone else, no matter how stupid or politically motivated
>has arguably done less wrong than the very people who dislike him
"not free speech"

who the fuck is raising twitter users to be this ass backwards????
That's thought crime, excuse you. I'm calling the thought police to take your ass to thought jail for thinking independently and different from the hive mind.
Dec 1st, 2022 at 10:32 am
I haven't noticed any major changes, thought I only followed a limited number of people to begin with.

The whole thing over the verification badge was really poorly handled I thunk. Like it or not, Twitter is a major public forum and knowing if an account is an official representation of a person or company is important. Of course, pre Elon Twitter already diluted the meaning of it by verifying any random eJournalist, but I think the answer was making it more exclusive rather than converting it into a money making venture.
Dec 1st, 2022 at 10:42 am
I haven't noticed any major changes, thought I only followed a limited number of people to begin with.

The whole thing over the verification badge was really poorly handled I thunk. Like it or not, Twitter is a major public forum and knowing if an account is an official representation of a person or company is important. Of course, pre Elon Twitter already diluted the meaning of it by verifying any random eJournalist, but I think the answer was making it more exclusive rather than converting it into a money making venture.
This.
Feb 8th, 2023 at 8:46 pm (edited)
I don't know if it's because of the recent problems Twitter had today but I tried to follow a cool artist today and was told I couldn't because I was at my follower limit. I only follow like 237 accounts and half of them are dead anyway. Give me a break.

edit: i followed and then unfollowed a single person not two days ago, it's definitely a recent change. so annoying.
Guest posting not allowed
Please log in to post a reply.