Forums > The Worlio Zone > Announcements
Updates on things and stuff
Created by Wirlaburla
Mar 4th, 2022 at 6:03 am
I figured I should give an update to the current situation on Worlio as I've not mentioned a whole lot on here and some things are wonky.

I had to rush on February 22nd to migrate all of the server over to a new host due to problems and issues with the previous one. This gave us a lot of benefits, but I was running far behind on time and ended up having to push out an unfinished update. Luckily, it was done enough to not cause any problems, and I could fix and update it as time goes on to work them out. Sadly, not all systems are yet up and functional. Email has been a pain in my rear and the webserver software I switched to is not working out and I will be migrating the site back to the old one.

So to put it simply
  • Yes, some things are broken or incomplete
  • The update is released, although not in the best shape
  • Email is completely non-functional and is being worked on
  • User files will need to match cases to work for the time being (this is an issue with the webserver software)
  • NO FILES HAVE BEEN LOST! Most are available under https://files.worlio.com/
  • Registering or going through password reset won't work!
I am working my very best to try and solve all these issues as quick as I can. Some things aren't cooperating with me and it just happens to be that kind of experience.
I should mention that the issues we are having are NOT the fault of our new server host. I was entirely unprepared for the quick migration we did and it ended up biting me in the butt.

I'll be making short quick updates in the Changelogs thread. If you are experiencing bugs or found something broken, please report it in the Bug Reports board.

Thank you.
Mar 9th, 2022 at 9:05 pm
After a struggling 2 weeks of trying to get our email server, sending mail now completely works. It should not be caught by spam filters but if it is, let me know.

We are still working on migrating back to our old Apache webserver, which has been being done behind the scene. Until then, we'll be also trying to open up some of our other servers like Mumble and IRC.
Mar 21st, 2022 at 6:45 am
Mumble is up! We'll setup positional audio channels and permissions properly at some point. I set the bitrate high because why not?

In other news, I'm debating about if I actually want to switch back to Apache. Nginx performs well, and the only downside that isn't fixable at the moment is case-sensitivity. I don't think that's a huge deal, all you have to do is rename your files correctly. I'll work on archived worlds that don't have an account tied if I see any that are broken due to this. We'll have stylized directory browsing soon.
Guest posting not allowed
Please log in to post a reply.