Forums > The Worlio Zone > Announcements
Aug 5th, 2023 at 4:07 am (edited)
Since we killed off our Matrix homeserver back in March, we've been working on integrating our replacement with the site.

Our replacement is XMPP (Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol) -also known as Jabber-, a stable and mature decentralized open standard for messaging and communication that is extendable (it's in the name) and flexible. We've had an instance running with some users online for a few months now, and it has been very reliable and up to the needs for our users. Now it's time to open it up to everyone else.

First, you'll need a client. You can find a list of clients for your platform on the official XMPP website, or pick one of our recommendations below.
Windows x86Psi+
Windows x64Psi+ or Gajim
LinuxPsi+ or Gajim
Androidblabber.im
WebConverse.js
Once you have a client, it's easy. You DO NOT NEED TO REGISTER for you already have a Worlio account. Your JID is your Worlio username followed by '@worlio.com', and your password is the same password you use to log into your Worlio account. It's just like that! Now you'll be able to add other users as a contact and message them if they also have their Jabber set up.

You can also join our public room wormalicious@muc.worlio.com.

If you have ANY ISSUES logging in, let us know in this thread or make a thread in Bug Reports.
Aug 8th, 2023 at 9:50 pm
I forgot to mention that this isn't just for Worlio.com. XMPP is decentralized and federated, which means you can connect and talk to anybody else through any other XMPP server. That also goes for joining rooms, which here is a good list on the jabber.network, but there are plenty more.
Nov 7th, 2023 at 4:02 pm
I've set up a TURN server and linked it with our XMPP instance so voice/video calls through supported clients should be more reliable.
Jan 24th, 2024 at 6:13 pm
Our XMPP instance now supports communicating with TOR and I2P instances.
Feb 18th, 2024 at 2:49 am
Aaaaaand now the instance has a seperate info domain where all information with our instance will be stored. We've had a few restarts lately but we are going stable and strong now.

Our XMPP Domain https://xmpp.worlio.com/
Mar 19th, 2024 at 9:41 pm
I'm proud to announce that we now have a B rating on the official XMPP Providers list.
https://providers.xmpp.net/provider/worlio.com/
Guest posting not allowed
Please log in to post a reply.