Forums > The Worlio Zone > Announcements
Updates and Changes 16/09/2022
Created by Wirlaburla
Sep 16th, 2022 at 3:22 am
Hello Worlio users. This is just some updates on the server lately. As always, you can follow along with our Site Changelog thread for small changes. This thread intends to talk more about some core server updates.

We've just recently upgraded the server. This should fix issues with large file uploads completely crashing some of our services. File uploads will still be limited to 1G. With this upgrade, we'll be bringing back the Mumble server and potentially be looking into improving it.

I've attempted to bring back the original Traveler server, but it still crashes and bugs out. It's not reliable or stable at all and ends up closing connection after a few hours to a few days. I'll try to restart it to bring it back online when I can, but I won't get it everytime. We are still working on our own server software to replace the existing code-base and it aims to be more stable and more compatible.

We've switched our DNS back to Porkbun from Cloudflare. I did not agree with some recent decisions made by Cloudflare, so I decided against using them. If you notice anything acting weird, try clearing your browser cache and report it to me if you keep having problems.

The User Library is currently closed and won't be accepting new entries. We are currently working on a replacement that'll be better designed and functional, and it'll have a lot of notable improvements. We will be migrating the current User Library over to the new system when ready, and we did not want to miss anything or anything to break. We'll keep you guys updated on when we will release it.

That's it for the recent updates.
Sep 16th, 2022 at 1:01 pm
As a workaround for Traveler being buggy at the moment, could you schedule a regular restart or is the crashing too frequent? Just a temporary suggestion, still wouldn't hurt to make the server more stable to begin with.
Sep 16th, 2022 at 3:10 pm
As a workaround for Traveler being buggy at the moment, could you schedule a regular restart or is the crashing too frequent? Just a temporary suggestion, still wouldn't hurt to make the server more stable to begin with.
The issue is the way it's running is rather janky and can't be automatically restarted. I've tried. It's running on WINE right now and the server uses Windows services to run, which isn't friendly on WINE.

Our own codebase will be compatible natively with Linux.
Sep 20th, 2022 at 6:03 pm
Mumble should be up and working right now.
Guest posting not allowed
Please log in to post a reply.