Forums > Talk > Music
The Hunt for TIMESNEWCHRIS
Created by Wirlaburla
Sep 6th, 2022 at 6:01 am (edited)
As some people may know already, I'm a bit of a digital collector (or hoarder). There are a lot of things I have been looking for and keeping an eye out to grab, ranging from different types of media and files. If there is one thing that has caught my interest, it's some bitpop artists that exist.

There used to be a site called 8bitcollective. It hosted a ton of works made by so many people, and it one day shutdown without a word from anybody. It had so many tracks on it that were nowhere else to be found, lots of up-coming artists that would never again see the light of day. I wanna shed some light on a guy.

Christopher Sendziak, as I only know from the metadata of two tracks found in a "Best of 8bc collection" that has floated online through torrents. He went by the artist name of "TIMESNEWCHRIS" according to the metadata of these tracks. Trying to find any information on him leads to nothing but dead-ends. The tracks are fairly decent and it's enough that makes me want to hear more, but it's like this dude doesn't even exist. His name appears on some music sites but with no albums or tracks under his name. Who knows where he is now?

Here are the tracks.
TIMESNEWCHRIS - Christopher Sendziak's Album - "YRU"

TIMESNEWCHRIS - Christopher Sendziak's Album - "Gravity"

I mean this man has a damn voice and I can't find an ounce of information on him besides two videos from way before these tracks.

I'd appreciate any help on this. I must find this dude! I want his album dammit!

UPDATE: More tracks
Ended up going on another quick search after my previous post and found two more tracks thanks to someones old website.
http://davr.org/chips/

TIMESNEWCHRIS - "What Have You Done For Me Lately"
https://wirlaburla.worlio.com/files/music/TIMESNEWCHRIS%20-%20What%20Have%20You%20Done%20For%20Me%20Lately.mp3TIMESNEWCHRIS - "53n5171v3"
https://wirlaburla.worlio.com/files/music/TIMESNEWCHRIS%20-%20OMG%20UR%20LYKE%2050%20S3N5171V3%21%21%21%21%21%21%21%21%21.mp3What's interesting about this track is that we've heard it before in one of the videos in the OP.
Another interesting thing is the metadata. Instead of Christopher Sendziak, we get a... Michael Williams? I would usually consider this an auto-tagger failure, but the album is of the same make-up of our previous two Chris tracks.
Title: Gameboy 5
Artist: Michael Williams
Album: Michael Williams's Album
Sep 6th, 2022 at 10:14 am (edited)
What has me more interested is the fact that an entire website's worth of music is lost.
This is what I found.

Unfortunately TIMESNEWCHRIS is not on chipmusic.org.
Sep 6th, 2022 at 2:28 pm
What has me more interested is the fact that an entire website's worth of music is lost.
It's crazy and the only thing we have of it's existence is this damn torrent that only has the best rated. TIMESNEWCHRIS isn't even the only one lost, but it's one of the ones I've been looking for for almost a decade now.

ChipMusic is alright but it's a little outdated. They are still using a goddamn flash player for audio. Literally just replace it with <audio> and you'll be good.
Jun 21st, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Could be nothing, but I found a couple of tracks by other artists on Youtube where a "Chris Sendziak" is credited as a composer and writer. The voice is definitely not his though, but the composition could be.
I also found another old video of what we know is our Chris.
Joined05/28/23
Posts14
Jun 22nd, 2023 at 10:09 pm
Credited as writer on Rupaul's "Broke Me Down" track 4 from American album. Also 2021 Documentary "A Litany for Survival" from Portland film festival 2021 he is one of the two composers.
Jun 22nd, 2023 at 10:54 pm
Credited as writer on Rupaul's "Broke Me Down" track 4 from American album. Also 2021 Documentary "A Litany for Survival" from Portland film festival 2021 he is one of the two composers.
If this truly is the same guy, then damn, he went places I guess.
Joined05/28/23
Posts14
Jun 23rd, 2023 at 12:41 am
Do you know if they were from NY? the full name is Christopher Phillip Sendiak. Mid to late 30's now.
Jun 23rd, 2023 at 2:14 am
Do you know if they were from NY? the full name is Christopher Phillip Sendiak. Mid to late 30's now.
Legitimately all the information I know for certain is posted in this thread already. There is like zero information on his artist handle and the name "Chris Sendzaik" only comes from the metadata of the tracks.
Jun 23rd, 2023 at 2:39 am (edited)
Ended up going on another quick search after my previous post and found two more tracks thanks to someones old website.
http://davr.org/chips/

TIMESNEWCHRIS - "What Have You Done For Me Lately"

TIMESNEWCHRIS - "53n5171v3"

What's interesting about this track is that we've heard it before in one of the videos in the OP.
Another interesting thing is the metadata. Instead of Christopher Sendziak, we get a... Michael Williams? I would usually consider this an auto-tagger failure, but the album is of the same make-up of our previous two Chris tracks.
Title: Gameboy 5
Artist: Michael Williams
Album: Michael Williams's Album

EDIT
It turns out Chris is a friend of a member of an old channel called "the5guys". He showcased one of the tracks at the end of one of his weekly scheduled videos (since this channel has different hosts on different days). We now have a possible connection. Song starts at 3:25, though the actual track file is already up above.
What is probably best of all is that by the About page on the channel, we know the channels Chris is from Buffalo, New York. I've seen a couple of locations for a Chris Sendziak, Buffalo being a prominent one, but I could never verify. Congrats aujourd.
For the question of "Is the channels' Chris the same Chris we are looking for?", I have no clue. The channels' Chris seems to be Chris DeSanto, and uses the username 'crayzeeflyer130'. It's possible, but DeSanto has a different voice. I think he was telling the truth when he said "his friend".
Joined05/28/23
Posts14
Jun 23rd, 2023 at 3:06 am
another crumb for chris in 2011 attended and performed @ potsdam.edu
Guest posting not allowed
Please log in to post a reply.