Forums > The Worlio Zone > Site Discussion
Worlio Matrix Server
Created by Wirlaburla
Oct 15th, 2022 at 4:49 am (edited)
Yes, we got a Matrix now!

What is Matrix?
Matrix is an easy-to-use decentralized chat service. As described on their site, it is "An open network for secure, decentralized communication". It allows connecting to any homeserver from one you are registered on and communicating, without having to rely on only one server to host and control the content. Think of IRC but with a standard account system, private messaging, and interactivity between servers. Alternatively, think of a Discord but stripped down and federated.

Rules
  • No discussion or engagement of illegal activities.
  • No spamming.
  • No discussion or engagement in raids or attacks on other homeservers.
  • No cyber attacks.
Privacy Policy
I don't sell your data and I don't care unless you cause a problem. I can look at the logs and it might contain connection information but unless I get court orders, I ain't doing shit with it.

You can join our Matrix homeserver here: https://matrix.worlio.com/
Using other clients (which some are listed here), you can connect by worlio.com, or via username by @your-username:worlio.com, where 'your-username' is the username you registered with.

You can still hang out in our Matrix if you are already registered on another instance. Our main room is #talking-room:worlio.com.
Oct 15th, 2022 at 3:53 pm
Oct 15th, 2022 at 4:47 pm
This is how it feels to be on our matrix.
Oct 16th, 2022 at 1:58 am
can confirm!! (NOT a paid actor)
Oct 31st, 2022 at 5:09 pm
can confirm!! (NOT a paid actor)
Your check will be in the mail this week.
Joined11/04/22
Posts3
Dec 6th, 2022 at 11:39 pm
does anyone use this? I cant even figure out how to join the room
Dec 6th, 2022 at 11:54 pm
does anyone use this? I cant even figure out how to join the room
We have a few users active in The Talking Room. Under Element (the web interface on matrix.worlio.com), there is a plus sign across from the "Home" text on the sidebar that you can click on and join a public room. There should be one under 'worlio.com'.
Dec 21st, 2022 at 4:56 pm
Down for maintenance.
Feb 14th, 2023 at 9:07 pm
Conduit has become an absolute pain in the ass to work with, and just had a huge memory leak that resulted in a lot of our systems to stop responding.

The cause? I logged in.

I've been eyeing an alternative matrix server and it's almost stable, but I'm not confident in running it just yet. I'm prioritizing XMPP instead because of it's efficiency, stability, and flexibility. My perfect world right now would be a module for our XMPP server to support the Matrix protocol. For now, our Matrix server will be offline indefinitely due to these issues.

Users looking to join the buddy list of XMPP can sign up using a client like Pidgin. I'll probably get around to making a thread on XMPP.
Guest posting not allowed
Please log in to post a reply.