Forums > The Library > General Library > Worlds.com Time Capsule
"White out"
Created by ArchiveWorm
Nov 19th, 1996 at 11:31 am
Please help! New to World's chat. A few times my screen has "whited out" and disconnects me. What am I doing wrong? Just downloaded it yesterday (demo) and have till Dec 1st. World's Chat looks like lots of fun but...
Also how do I get on as a multiple user and actually chat? It seems to only let me get on as a single user
Help.

Much appreciated!
electrala@earthlink.net
This is an archived post from a previous discussion platform. It is preserved here for archival purposes.

Original ID: 235
Source:
Wayback Source:
Author: Electra <electrala [at] earthlink.net>
Timestamp: November 19, 1996 at 11:31:37
Nov 19th, 1996 at 12:24 pm
the demo times out after a little while ,you can
come back in as another number..your system is
ok..its share ware just parts of the program
TILL YOU PAY
This is an archived post from a previous discussion platform. It is preserved here for archival purposes.

Original ID: 236
Source:
Wayback Source:
Author: helper
Timestamp: November 19, 1996 at 12:24:34
Nov 19th, 1996 at 6:29 pm
First of all, you need to be connected to the internet, before tring to get into Worlds Chat. Worlds will not make the connection for you.

Next thing is to make sure you have WINSOCK.DLL. This file is needed to actually get around on the internet. Major Services do not provide this in their start-up kits. As for most local internet service providers, you have to have this to get in the net... Also make sure you have only one of them! WINSOCK.DLL is different from software to software, so you need to make sure the copy you use belongs to your dial-up software.

After that, make sure you set up your connection software properly!!! This kills everybody. It requires alot of computer know how to fine tune a connection. But will offer all around better performance for every internet application. Find a geek somewhere and bribe him with a 2 liter bottle of Coke, and a pizza! =)

Once you get all those ingredients, you can connect to anything. And should have a lot of fun.

Lots-o-luck,
Odin

Original ID: 243
Source:
Wayback Source:
Author: Odin <chuckr [at] ptw.com>
Timestamp: November 19, 1996 at 18:29:25