Forums > The Library > General Library > Worlds.com Time Capsule
Nov 14th, 1996 at 1:48 pm
Hello,

Just asking, but I was wondering why Worlds Chat isn't available in stores? I think that was kinda strange when I saw other on-line software at my not so local electronics store in Los Angeles.

I think it's time to pump the marketing guy's with some spirit and get a distributor and start putting Worlds Chat on the shelves of the software and computer/electronic stores. If I didn't already own Worlds Chat, I'd love to see it under my tree!

The word is out, I just think it should be louder!
Odin
This is an archived post from a previous discussion platform. It is preserved here for archival purposes.

Original ID: 211
Source:
Wayback Source:
Author: Odin <chuckr [at] ptw.com>
Timestamp: November 14, 1996 at 13:48:35
Nov 16th, 1996 at 8:06 am
Odin:

I've wondered this myself, as I think WCG is a wonderful product perfectly demonstrating the interactive capabilities of the Internet.

On the other side of the coin, however, is the sense of community that has been created here. I like to think of WCG as something of an exclusive club. Of course growth is good for the future of WC, but the current method of purchasing WCG (i.e., download demo, give it a spin, purchase it if your impressed) has served as a filter which, in a sense, has elevated the quality of the user character.

Of course this is self serving to to enjoy the exclusiveness of WCG. But I don't want WCG to turn into that cult band that was the greatest band in the world to you until they sold out and became a houshold name.

Keep up the great work WC,
Criswell
This is an archived post from a previous discussion platform. It is preserved here for archival purposes.

Original ID: 221
Source:
Wayback Source:
Author: Criswell
Timestamp: November 16, 1996 at 08:06:20