Forums > Talk > Games
Games you truly enjoy
Created by Wirlaburla
Apr 16th, 2022 at 2:55 am
I'm by no means a gamer, but I do take part in the acts of gaming. My own personal preference is indie games, as they feel much more made with passion than the big studio games. I feel like with an indie game, I'm getting mostly a decent game crafted by a few people who loved to make it. Makes me enjoy it more. I'm not a puzzle guy, and I like to play games I can get into quick and get out of just as quickly (as I don't like to game for long).

Figured I should start a thread on games everyone enjoys. Indie games, old games, studio games, nintendo games, maybe even card games. If it's a game and you enjoy it, share it!

The two I mostly enjoy playing are
Barony: I've been itching for just a short dungeon-crawler game I can play when I'm bored or need to pass the time, and voxels always peak my interest. Safe to say, I'm not disappointed. There is a huge update coming out that'll do a revamp of the UI and add more features. Can't wait.

Synthetik: Gets me pumped and quenches my thirst for being a badass. If I'm feeling rather like a lot of action that night, this is my choice. It is definitely not for those who are more casual, but I definitely enjoy shooting all these types of guns I feel like I shouldn't be allowed to have. Mwahahaha.
Apr 16th, 2022 at 4:32 am (edited)
There are quite a few:
Titanfall 2 - Very fast, great campaign, I don't wanna talk about it too much because I don't want to spoil the fun. Sadly it's broken without mods because Respawn doesn't care about the game anymore.

Quake 3 - oh boy, where do I start with this one... This is my kind of game. It's all about thinking on your toes, taking advantage of weapon spawns, learning which items are right for the job... This is the best first person shooter to ever exist and nobody can convince me otherwise.

Counter-strike - very good gameplay overall, it has some of those tact-shooter mechanics but they don't feel clunky like in other games.

wipE'out" - Wipeout (and by extension, BallisticNG and Redout) are a series of highly underrated antigravity combat racers. They're very difficult but rewarding.

I'm probably missing some, but these are the ones that come to mind first.
Apr 26th, 2022 at 9:12 am
I really love open-world games where I feel I can do anything I want and I'm not forced to follow a storyline. I probably put thousands of hours into Skyrim and Oblivion just because the content never ends, and even when I don't really want to play intensely I can just take a walk and relax for a bit.

Recently I fell in love with A short hike, whose map is super tiny compared to Skyrim's map, because It still delivers an open exploration vibe, with the bonus of being extra cozy and delightfully pixelated :-)

I'm not that great with platformers, actually I really suck at them, and they tend to frustrate me most of the time, but one platformer that I will never grow tired of is Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, which is basically an open-world 2D platformer with all its levels so cleverly intertwined, letting the player have fun exploring in search of all levels and doors!

May 12th, 2022 at 8:26 pm
"Rob Hubbard - Pacific Coast" (Road Rash - Sega Genesis - 1991)
Joined06/07/21
Posts19
Jun 2nd, 2022 at 8:32 pm
roblox.com
Guest posting not allowed
Please log in to post a reply.