Price : Free

Available here :

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1387150/
https://pinheadgames.itch.io/a-case-of-the-crabs-rehash

Positive :

- Interesting point & click game in the style of the earlier Telltale titles

- Soothing and super appropriate music reminiscent of the Sam & Max game series

- The game is well written enough and quite clever at times

- The puzzles aren't too difficult and shouldn't take you more than a few minutes to figure out

- While the humor isn't my cup of tea, I found myself chuckling at some of the random jokes and references

- Long enough to tell its story but short enough not to overstay its welcome

- You get a crab sidekick

- The main character looks a bit like a baby with a beard and this made the whole thing funnier for some reason

- It's absolutely free

Negative :

- While the main character is decently voiced, it's not the same case for everyone you'll encounter

(Some sound muffled or poorly mixed which was a bit of a bummer in an otherwise very playable game)

- Some animations look a bit odd (or janky) but it only adds to the charm of the whole thing in my opinion.

(Only added this to the negatives part since it's a pet peeve for a lot of people these days and it ought to be mentioned one way or the other)

- The voice actors are quite uneven in their performances and you can tell most of the people probably aren't professional voice actors, however, this also made my experience much better, adding some heart and authenticity to the game

- Not enough outlandish uses for the crab (and it also never really shows up with a knife / top hat kit like in the promo pictures and menu which was a small disappointment)

Should you play it?

If you're looking for an authentic and (quite) short indie adventure/point & click in the style of the older Telltale games, then you should absolutely pick this one.

I had a blast for around an hour, wondering what I would discover next, laughing out loud occasionally at some of the dialogues and animations.

It has a few flaws here and there but it only added for the overall charm in my humble opinion.

The best of all things is that it's free so there are not tons of excuses to not at least try it. I really like it and will probably buy the sequel when I'll have some free time.
Joined06/07/21
Posts3
Jul 6th, 2021 at 1:56 pm
I do wish point and click games would make a comeback. This one sounds interesting, and it's free so might as well give it a look.
Guest posting not allowed
Please log in to post a reply.