Forums > The Library > Worlds.com
Joined12/15/21
Posts2
Feb 28th, 2024 at 10:07 pm (edited)
Hi! I've been trying to make a .mov avatar following bonkmakyr's youtube tutorial, but every time I run the command line as stated in the video I get the following message:

I'm using a 32-bit Windows XP VM, and I've attempted running the command line using different compimg versions (in the several folders from the movtools file). Does anyone know what that message means and how to get compimg to work?
Feb 29th, 2024 at 3:42 am (edited)
Heya. That youtube video has some incorrect information and you should follow this guide instead: https://kangworlds.net/tutorials/cmp.html

For this error specifically, there are two workarounds:
A. Use an older version of Windows. compimg.ovl is a 16-bit overlay library so depending on the system it may fail to hook into the 32-bit main process. Also make sure that your version of COMPIMG actually came with the OVL, if it didn't, I can provide you with the file you need.
B. Ensure the BMP file is the correct color format (BMP version 3, 8-bit color). This will bypass compimg.ovl entirely. It will only run if it needs to convert the image format before compression.
Joined12/15/21
Posts2
Mar 2nd, 2024 at 4:09 pm
I changed the color formats to 8-bit and it worked. Thank you for your help and for the tutorials! :D
Guest posting not allowed
Please log in to post a reply.