Forums > The Library > Worlds.com
Aug 8th, 2023 at 6:53 pm
https://www.reddit.com/r/worldsonline/comments/15jsiyp/running_on_android_using_exagear/

I used the Hugo 5in1 Exagear. Resolution 800x600.

I created a new container in Wine7.0.1, installed DirectX, WineSound2 and OriginalWineD3D(7.0.1), this can be installed directly from Exagear via the install tab.

I downloaded all Microsoft Visual C++ too, but I don't know if it's necessary to run Worlds.

Now download Java 6 from the website, and the Worlds.com installer, run Java 6 in Exagear and after run the Worlds Installer.

You can use InputBridge to make it easier to control using touch, or you can connect a keyboard and mouse to your phone which will also work.

Performance will depend on the device you are using, if you have Android 12+ I recommend using Box86/Box64 instead of Exagear, Box has better performance and compatibility, as my phone is android 10, I had to use Exagear.
This is pretty neat for anybody who wants to try it. I've not really felt the need to Worlds on my phone but it's nice somebody found a way. Figured I'd share.
Aug 9th, 2023 at 12:22 pm
I read the title and thought this was going to be a cringecow thread lol.
I had tried something similar to this before, but WINE performed poorly and I couldn't figure out how to get anything to work, so I just uninstalled it, as my phone was low on storage anyway and it was eating up a lot of it.

I'm curious to see how well different phones handle the Worlds software renderer, as it's probably the biggest obstacle.
Joined05/28/23
Posts14
Aug 15th, 2023 at 1:53 am
I use an Iphone but I have several androids sitting around, I may have to give this a shot.

I have been using vnc to chat on worlds via remote destop to my laptop. My client doesn't hold down the keys long enough for movement but I have no issues chatting.
Aug 15th, 2023 at 1:20 pm (edited)
I have been using vnc to chat on worlds via remote destop to my laptop. My client doesn't hold down the keys long enough for movement but I have no issues chatting.
I use Anydesk's unattended access to check Worlds when I'm away, works pretty good. There are some weird bugs if you have two monitors with different resolutions but other than that it's perfect if I just need to pop in and see if I've got any whispers, etc.
Guest posting not allowed
Please log in to post a reply.