Forums > The Library > Worlds.com
Sep 27th, 2022 at 12:08 pm
I've been thinking about the meaning of a Shaper option for a few months now. This is the Save to File option. Okay, its function sounds obvious, but when I click on it I get some strange extensions that I do not understand what they mean. I mean, it has to mean something if it's there, is it for something special or is it just for storing specific things?
Attached a photo.
Sep 27th, 2022 at 3:47 pm
They are extensions to identify what you are saving, all being Worlds.com related.
It's for saving objects to use with the Dispenser Action or to slap into your library pane so you can drag something already made into the scene.

If you look in the 'libraries' folder in the Worlds root, you'll see some *.wob and *.wobject files. Some of the objects already in the library pane are just dragging wobjects in. To clarify, a WObject is just an object in Worlds (Worlds Object).
Sep 27th, 2022 at 4:40 pm
What Wirla said. Think of it like Unity Prefabs.
Sep 27th, 2022 at 7:40 pm
They are extensions to identify what you are saving, all being Worlds.com related.
It's for saving objects to use with the Dispenser Action or to slap into your library pane so you can drag something already made into the scene.

If you look in the 'libraries' folder in the Worlds root, you'll see some *.wob and *.wobject files. Some of the objects already in the library pane are just dragging wobjects in. To clarify, a WObject is just an object in Worlds (Worlds Object).
Oooooh, now I understand. So it's really irrelevant to worlds, right? At least in the sense of creating things like worlds.
Sep 27th, 2022 at 8:09 pm

Oooooh, now I understand. So it's really irrelevant to worlds, right? At least in the sense of creating things like worlds.
Yeah, it's more relevant for making worlds than actually viewing them.
Sep 28th, 2022 at 10:41 am

Yeah, it's more relevant for making worlds than actually viewing them.
Wow, I had no idea it was so necessary. Thanks for solving my doubt.
Guest posting not allowed
Please log in to post a reply.