Forums > The Library > Worlds.com
Jul 29th, 2022 at 1:13 am (edited)
Salutations Worlds.com users! I have an exciting announcement for you.

I will be hosting a new event called Hide & Seek every week at Saturday at 5pm EST. If you want to join, come on down to the auditorium and follow the instructions.

Hide & Seek goes as follows:
A random player will be chosen as the rounds seeker, everyone else is a hider and they will have 5 minutes to hide in the world. Hiders will teleport first, and seekers only when time is up. Once the 10 minutes are up, the seeker can be let loose and try to find the hiders. Seekers will whisper both you and the host to say they found a user. After 25 minutes or when all hiders have been found, everyone will return to the chosen spot. Anyone remaining will be the winners. If the hider finds everyone, they will be the winner.

Seekers must:
  • Not use Shaper.
  • Not use mods or tools like WhereIs that will give the locations of users.
  • Turn off nametags and restart the client before beginning.
  • Not use Orthographic camera mode.
Hiders must:
  • Not use Shaper.
  • Use an appropriately-sized avatar. It cannot be smaller than the bottom window walls of GroundZero.
  • Keep their avatars visible. Due to a bug in Worlds, occasionally re-select your avatar to make sure you don't fall victim.
  • Remain active to prevent Z's.
  • Not use Change Location or mess with location.
  • Avoid using portals that go to other worlds.

Additionally every now and then, we might do a fun variant called Prop Hunt.

Prop Hunt goes as follows:
A random player is picked as the first hunter. All hiders must find a prop by wearing it and hiding within the world, and they will have 5 minutes to hide and blend in with their environment. The first hunter will be released after hiding time is up, and will have 25 minutes to find all the hiders as props. Hunters will whisper both the hider and the host when a hider has been found. The found hider will then become a hunter, and search for other hiders. The original hunter will win if all hiders have been found, and the props remaining will win if they cannot be found before time is up.
Worlds will be full of RWX models and props to hide with. Courtesy VIP will be enabled in the world so everyone can participate.

Hunters must:
  • Not use Shaper.
  • Not use mods or tools like WhereIs that will give the locations of users.
  • Turn off nametags and restart the client before beginning.
  • Not use Orthographic camera mode.
  • Not spam click.
Hiders must:
  • Not use Shaper.
  • Only use avatars that are props of the current world.
  • Keep their avatars visible. Due to a bug in Worlds, occasionally re-select your avatar to make sure you don't fall victim.
  • Remain active to prevent Z's.
  • Not use Change Location or mess with location.
  • Avoid using portals that go to other worlds.

Join in Saturdays 5pm EST at the Auditorium. Listen in on information and make sure you follow the rules. This event is expected to last 2 hours and will have multiple rounds (up to 3). Winners of each round will get 1 month of VIP.
Jul 29th, 2022 at 1:44 am (edited)
Hell yeah, glad to see this event is coming back this Saturday! I've been waiting to play again for so long, missed it a good bit when Maddie and Bella stopped hosting it.

I was thinking if we wanted to have special hour-long rounds, perhaps if there were a good amount of people playing that day, we could use maps like Satan's City and Per-Heh to try such an idea out. Any hiders would also need double time to hide as well I think, as there's a great amount to hide in with those places.

In regards to rules for seekers, normally low first-person view to search certain furniture was good for most spots, but sometimes people would lay down using ZZZ in part of their avatar code and hide in parts you couldn't see even using that view. To compromise for situations like that, seekers were at least allowed to throw around furniture in case of such.

I should say that in regards to hiders, I remember people would try and be majorly transparent or completely invisible to conceal themselves. Sometimes people were invisible due to worlds issues however, so either they were typically asked to put on an av within like a minute of being found out at risk of getting dq'd or they would just get dq'd if they were revealed to be invis the entire time lol. I never saw the 2nd outcome enforced myself, but I thought it was a pretty reasonable rule.
+91-9990837766
Jul 29th, 2022 at 2:08 am
I was thinking if we wanted to have special hour-long rounds, perhaps if there were a good amount of people playing that day, we could use maps like Satan's City and Per-Heh to try such an idea out. Any hiders would also need double time to hide as well I think, as there's a great amount to hide in with those places.
Definitely a fun idea, and planned for when we have a large number of players.

In regards to rules for seekers, normally low first-person view to search certain furniture was good for most spots, but sometimes people would lay down using ZZZ in part of their avatar code and hide in parts you couldn't see even using that view. To compromise for situations like that, seekers were at least allowed to throw around furniture in case of such.
I forgot about this and hate that it's a problem, but if you get desperate, we can allow that for seekers.

I should say that in regards to hiders, I remember people would try and be majorly transparent or completely invisible to conceal themselves. Sometimes people were invisible due to worlds issues however, so either they were typically asked to put on an av within like a minute of being found out at risk of getting dq'd or they would just get dq'd if they were revealed to be invis the entire time lol. I never saw the 2nd outcome enforced myself, but I thought it was a pretty reasonable rule.
Yes, that's important to note: Avatars must be visible! I'm hoping the hiders know to stay active. Not only will it prevent the Z's from showing up, but it's a good idea to re-select your avatar every now and then and make sure the bug isn't affecting you. If you bug out and are invisible for too long, hiders will be disqualified. I know it sucks, but it just isn't fair for the seeker. Perhaps someday this bug will be fixed. For now, I'll add this note to the main post.
Jul 29th, 2022 at 2:11 am (edited)
I'm hoping the hiders know to stay active. Not only will it prevent the Z's from showing up, but it's a good idea to re-select your avatar every now and then and make sure the bug isn't affecting you.
Oh man, I almost forgot about this, very very important advice! It helps to stay active in the game to make sure Z's don't pop up haha. I've seen so many good hiding spots killed by Z's alone.

Edit: Idk why it's acting like I said that, any way to prevent the post from being weird about quotes?
+91-9990837766
Jul 29th, 2022 at 2:53 am
I'm hoping the hiders know to stay active. Not only will it prevent the Z's from showing up, but it's a good idea to re-select your avatar every now and then and make sure the bug isn't affecting you.
Oh man, I almost forgot about this, very very important advice! It helps to stay active in the game to make sure Z's don't pop up haha. I've seen so many good hiding spots killed by Z's alone.

Edit: Idk why it's acting like I said that, any way to prevent the post from being weird about quotes?
You kept the wrong quote tag start. It's pointing to post 736, your post, when it should be post 737.
Jul 29th, 2022 at 3:57 pm
Thanks, will keep that in mind for future reference!
+91-9990837766
Jul 30th, 2022 at 9:10 pm
Today was the first week of this event, and I think it went fantastic. Come back next week at the same time for more!
teddybearhalo and spyglasses both won.

Worldsbuilders: I'd be happy if you could make some worlds or edit some of your worlds to have Prop hunt variants. Send me a message and I'll get back to you with what we need.
Aug 15th, 2022 at 2:26 pm
Gonna have to postpone the event for a short time. My XP Machine went out and that's where I use Worlds. I tried running it again on my main Linux machine but it won't even pass the login box without freezing or crashing. I'm out of Worlds.com commission for awhile, but I do not intend to stop this event. If someone wants to be a temporary hoster for the event, feel free and message me.
Sep 3rd, 2022 at 2:23 pm
Event will be returning next week. Was going to be this week but I'm burnt out right now.
Guest posting not allowed
Please log in to post a reply.