Forums > The Library > General Library
Microsoft V-Chat
Created by JustWowNick
May 5th, 2022 at 11:40 am
Not exactly sure if this belongs here, but I'll post anyway.

So back in October (I think) I found this small website dedicated to Microsoft V-Chat, a 3D chat program that lasted from late 1995 to early 2001: https://msvchat.github.io/

I thought it would be interesting to share, since I would think it fits with the Worlds and DataTraveler discussion, plus no one seems to have mentioned V-Chat yet (at least on the forums, apparently there was at one point a page on Worlio dedicated to it).
May 6th, 2022 at 4:56 pm
Hah, that's funny. We are now in the links! I don't think I saw us there last time I saw that page.

There are still archives of V-Chat on Worlio, but there isn't too much to mention about it from my gathering. I have been meaning to get an IRC server started up so people can use V-Chat or other IRC virtual worlds like it.
Jun 12th, 2022 at 1:45 am
I have been meaning to get an IRC server started up so people can use V-Chat or other IRC virtual worlds like it.
I know I'm a month late, but there actually is a server set-up for v-chat run by the same guy who made that github page. He lists it's link in the "Information" section.
Guest posting not allowed
Please log in to post a reply.