Forums > Talk > General
Aug 23rd, 2023 at 5:10 pm (edited)
The creator made Flipnote animations using the Nintendo DSi and
3DS through an app called Flipnote Studio. They posted their
animations on platforms such as Flipnote Hatena,
Flipnote Gallery for the 3DS, and Sudomemo. Additionally,
they created a YouTube channel called
"TheRandomUselessGuy01" to share their animated satirical narratives.

They made a Flipnote Tutorial with background music.
This Tutorial was posted back in spring/summer 2013.

It was about "how to upload/transfer your own
flipnote animations to YouTube/your computer
".

The flipnote tutorial song is [Sonic Unleashed Apotos (day) Isle Act 2]
midi with [Wario Land 4 Soundfont] and it's unknown where it came
from or if the creator made the cover himself.

It's easy to say he was well acquainted with Sonic and Wario games.

His YouTube channel started to become less active around the years 2017 and 2018.
In 2019 April 17th-19th his google account was terminated due to the fact that his gmail+ had been deleted.

I was on a week-long vacation, and the time I was going back the channel Icon
became greyed out as well as, the video's thumbnails.

And the channel in my subscribtion inbox was there but invisable.

All of these channels all contain a similar style.
https://www.youtube.com/@TimmyMcAllister
https:/www.youtube.com/@ReesetYT
https:/www.youtube.com/@TheGrandMac
https:/www.youtube.com/@G4tor1
https:/www.youtube.com/@ThatGuyWhoGames

Here is my YouTube video recreation of the "Flipnote Transfer Tutorial" song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fakVgbrl73E&t=114s
Aug 23rd, 2023 at 7:25 pm
I have a pretty large backlog of Flipnotes saved to my DSi from back in the day, though I don't think I ever downloaded anything like this. 2013 was when I didn't go on flipnote quite as often. I was also very young back then though so idk.

For other readers in the thread, Flipnote Hatena shut down in spring 2013 so that was when a lot of people were rushing to download or transfer their stuff to Flipnote Studio 3D or some other program (which didn't even launch on time and was a secret MyNintendo reward....thanks Nintendo ). There was an update at the time to allow people to do this pretty easily, and considering the artist in question bothered to make a tutorial on this, it's not unlikely they have a copy somewhere.
Aug 24th, 2023 at 12:26 am
2013 so that was when a lot of people were rushing to download or transfer their stuff to Flipnote Studio 3D or some other program (which didn't even launch on time and was a secret MyNintendo reward....thanks Nintendo )
I kind of know all this information from the other videos on the channel.

One of them was the criticisms about how Nintendo treated the Flipnote community after making it a club exclusive feature, effectively killing the fanbase.

In his flipnote tutorial, of 2013 he did not mention that it was for Flipnote Studio 3D. I know nowadays, because the steps he was telling me in the video as well as the crude visuals it was for the 3d version.

He did state he used hatena in a 2017 video called "Flipnote Hatena Sucks!" I am saying that title was clickbait.

If you know of anyone/friends who might know who I am talking about can you ask them if they know their names or got a reupload of their content?
Aug 24th, 2023 at 12:30 am (edited)
He also stated, a friend of his was working on a new project called sudomemo.
(Note: I watched this channel in 2017 and 2018, I had no idea of sudomemo)

I was delighted to hear this, to experience something I missed out on.
And he made a video showcasing sudomemo (2017)-I didn't really watch this video.
I just skipped most of it to the end

He made a video I watched, where it was taken of a camera of a room.
It was pointing center on a black Dsi.
The light were switched off, and the video was called "How to connect to hatena 2014 etc" Some joke title

It was a tutorial of how to connect to sudomemo.

In the years of 2013-2018 his voice fluctuates 'alot'.
2013 19 years old (due to his acting voice)
2014 17 years old
2015 16 years old
2017 14 years old
2018 30 years old.

He did a live steam, 7 months prior to 2019 April. On his friends YouTube channel, because the Flipnote Channel was deleted and I was panicking.

I commented on the video, "What happened to your freind's YouTube channel" on their only two 'Digital-art' livestreams.

And this channel was deleted as well. Like in the amount of 2 days or less, that sucks.

The thumbnail had an image of the flipnote guy, drawn in Krita.
Titled: Guess who this is

Aug 24th, 2023 at 1:29 am
That would be sudofox.
Aug 25th, 2023 at 10:58 pm
That would be sudofox.
There is no proof of this, and I won't ask directly if this was the case.
I am looking for his animations, not the creator himself.

I think he meant it as something different.
Not his friend, but a general internet/well-known friend online.

And you make a good point of why the flipnote tutorial was made by the time period.
But if anyone saved this off of Youtube would be pretty high, but if it's saved on someones computer or laptop now is less than low.

I mean I saved it a few months before, mid 2018.
But my phone ran out of space... So I was gonna re-download it at a later time.

I made a mistake.
Aug 25th, 2023 at 11:06 pm (edited)
How do I look for lost media without trying to find or disturbing the
creator?

Still searching for a flipnote youtube channel recreation or other
reuploads.

Due to the fact that the tutorial was relased in 2013, it had the
highest hcance of getting downloaded on someones computer or
laptop. Becuase people were hopping over to the 3ds.

It makes sense that at least the tutorial might be archived on somebodies laptop.
Nov 27th, 2023 at 9:36 pm
That would be sudofox.
Here is my recreation of the tutorial.
https://youtu.be/d3NHI-yFE3g
Dec 2nd, 2023 at 10:22 pm
Today I'm here to teach you how to upload your very-own flipnote "animations"

Now, whach you're gonna Wahnna do is- (yes this is how he pounced the words.

This is my full recreation of the transcription of the tutorial from memory you can see my version of the intro I animated to make it easier to understand.
..............................................................................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................................................................................................
I made a transcription of the flipnote tutorial!
A 720p video called "How to upload/transfer your flipnote animations to YouTube/your computer" about flipnote-transfering.
The animations starts with a animated guy drawing on a dsi.
And the narrator says "hey you..." in a enthusiastic voice.
The character turns to face the camera with a tilted confused face and lifts his pointed finger at his face.
The narrator responses with "yeah you" in a laid-back sarcastic kind of way.
"Today I'm here to teach you how to upload your very own flipnote "animations". "Now what your gonna wanna do is check if this is the animation that you want to export". "Ok so ignore all this, part I'm not here to go threw the step by step instructions to make an animation, this tutorial is about how to upload your flipnote animations. Were/I'm not gonna go thought this whole part of the prosses."
"Now what you're gonna wanna do is click on frames and set the frames that you want in the/your animation, note that one flipnote per animation can only go up to 999 frames."
The animated loop is just the main oc, drawing on a dsi from side view no depth to the dsi.

The animations starts with a animated guy drawing on a dsi.And the narrator says "hey you..." in a enthusiastic voice.
The character turns to face the camera with a tilted confused face and lifts his pointed finger at his face.
The narrator responses with "yeah you" in a laid-back sarcastic kind of way.
"Today I'm here to teach you how to upload your very own flipnote "animations".
First you're gonna notice a SdCard slot at the side of your 3ds. Note this for later.
"Now what you're gonna wanna do is click on frames and set the frames that you want in the/your animation, note that one flipnote per animation can only go up to 999 frames."
"Now what your gonna wanna do is check if this is the animation that you want to export".
"Ok so ignore all this, part I'm not here to go threw the step by step instructions to make an animation, this tutorial is about how to upload your flipnote animations. Were/I'm not gonna go thought this whole part of the process."
"So after you checked your animation speed and-??? your gonna wanna click on is save."
"Now when you get this this part, you're gonna see 3 menu options, what you wanna click on is avi. Now theres be a bar with scrolling text of the address bar. And you need to remember the address that will be on your computer or laptop. If you click on gif, you would see a looping gif animation and saving in sequential gif adds a higher quality to the image but without any sound. it splits the frames individually. There is no current way to transfer high quality sound thought the audio cable"
Open up the side of your 3Ds, and opopen up the sid eof the SdCard slot, and plug it into your computer or laptop, if you don't have an SdCard slot on the side of your computer, find a microusb adapter.
Open the directory in your computer to the location where you want to grab your exported files, remember the address link and paste it into your file explorer you don't have to do this since you could just click on your directories manually. But my best experience to save time is to paste it into your (???).
Dec 2nd, 2023 at 10:23 pm
This was the tutorial in a nutshell, from my memory.
But my memory might be a bit faulty.
Dec 26th, 2023 at 11:00 am
I found the tutorial but not sure if he reuploaded it or not, so aparently it was created by a person named ChrisBclips and uploaded way back in 2010 instead of 2013. But I recall finding out that the flipnote tutorial that lead to a channel called RandomGuyWhoAnimates or something.

So both could be true, right?
Here's the video.

https://youtu.be/UvrkQKcUH_g

So why doesn't it lead to the channel of "videogame essays"??? Well it could mean that it was a whole separate channel altogether or that ChrisBclips renamed his channel around 2017-2019 and made his channel priv until 2021.

But that doesn't make sense.
Dec 26th, 2023 at 5:38 pm
I found the tutorial but not sure if he reuploaded it or not, so aparently it was created by a person named ChrisBclips and uploaded way back in 2010 instead of 2013. But I recall finding out that the flipnote tutorial that lead to a channel called RandomGuyWhoAnimates or something.

So why doesn't it lead to the channel of "videogame essays"??? Well it could mean that it was a whole separate channel altogether or that ChrisBclips renamed his channel around 2017-2019 and made his channel priv until 2021.
It's entirely possible that it was just reuploaded by multiple different people and one or more of them did not actually make it.
Dec 27th, 2023 at 10:03 pm
Yes, certainly. Also I think the 2013 version was different, it had sonic unleashed, and some vancover-like accent montonal teenager voicing the narration this or that time. And the part that wasn't in the orginal was the addiction of it where he added "frames" or explained that he wasn't gonna show the whole procces, "this is only a tutorial on how to post your flipnote animations... now after returning to the".

This isn't included. There could be numerous explanations why it doesn't show up. One of them being
that there was revised version by someone else.

The other part was just him after going to the main edit screen says to click on frames or the fame icon, and you see if this is the animation that you want to expert he says and to place your flip at the correct sped. And says frames can only go up to 999 etc.

After the animated tutorial it shows a screen recording of a windows explorer and he paste in his address location of his sequential gif folder that he talked about.
Feb 21st, 2024 at 10:33 pm
There use to be a videogame essay and satire retrospective youtuber,
who made videos mostly narrations about nintendo, and other few video's about other games companies but non-directly referring to
any of their known home consoles on rare occasions.

Does this video sound familiar to you?

His channel was deleted around April 18-19 2019.

..........................................................................................................................................................

In the "Mario Kart Wii: Mario Circuit"

He made a video, and it was a retrospective... and one part he used a "free cam" mod
and zoom through the area where you can see a tunnel and a chain chomp in Mario Circuit (Wii).

He said he hated this chain chomp, because it would always get him.

I was only asking, because the footage looks very similar to another video.
But in the actual video... He was in a "freecam-mode" besides the the chain-chomp,
making a point that he hates it, because it always get him.

And later he disables "freecam",
and drives though the tunnel and gets hit by the chain-chomp.

His car flips, with Mario in it or does a twirl with an explosion
and he activates "noclip" again, while the car is upsides down.

And he makes his point in his satire narration.

..........................................................................................................................................................
He made a 2018 video about "Flipnote Studio 3D" an why it failed due to Nintendo making it an

exclusive on Club Nintendo.

Channel Content:

The type of videos they made were 24-minute videogame essays in sarcastic voice. They were

comedic, narrative-driven, he mostly did the videos on Nintendo. The odd time he would upload

some videos about other games, but no it was mostly on Nintendo products.

Yes, I remember specific video titles and recurring elements in their content, typically being

Nintendo related mostly, yet a video title I remember exactly was called "Flipnote hatena sucks".

Channel Characteristics:

I was most active, watching the channel in 2017 and 2018.

Ahh, yes the voice. The voice has a unique voice with a strong "east coast of canada" type of

accent. And he did a funny sarcasm type monotonal teenager voice.

The size of the channel was 348 at the point of time a week before the channel was deleted on

April 18/April 19, 2019.The channel was made in 2009. Channel was named

ThePointlessUselessRandomGuyWhoAnimatesFlipnoteToYoutubeDude01.

Profile Picture:

The pfp was a picture of a guy with weird hair, maybe a Pompadour Cut?

Channel Activity:

•Active around 2014-2018

•Deleted around April 19, 2019

•Had a smaller subscriber base (potentially around 348, but this might not be
exact)

Content:

•Created video game reviews

•Used a mix of spoken monologues and scripted segments

•Reviews were delivered in a sarcastic and/or comedic tone

•Often used looping footage in the background, primarily related to the discussion

•Focused mainly on Nintendo games, but might have covered other

platforms/genres occasionally

Voice & Personality:

•Strong East Coast Canadian accent

•Energetic and playful, or potentially sarcastic and cynical

Extra information:

•Content: 24-minute comedic video essays, primarily focused on Nintendo with
occasional detours, delivered in a sarcastic voice.

•Specific video: A Mario Kart Wii retrospective featuring a "noclip"
segment through the tunnel with the chain chomp, followed by getting hit and flipping the
car making a point about how annoy it is for nintendo to pu the chain-chomp there.

•Other details: Active 2014-2018, East Coast Canadian accent, "Flipnote hatena
sucks" video title, channel size around 348 subscribers.
Apr 21st, 2024 at 10:06 pm
I just found out where ChrisB lives.

I hope that he might know where,
Or who Randomguy lived or if he remembers who that is.
Joined04/01/24
Posts14
Apr 22nd, 2024 at 11:16 am
Nothing good ever follows someone saying this
Apr 22nd, 2024 at 11:40 am
Yeahhh let's not drop doxxes here. Don't see how it'd help uncover whatever it is you're looking for anyway
Guest posting not allowed
Please log in to post a reply.