Forums > Talk > General
Apr 27th, 2023 at 2:30 pm
Backstory, I joined a few old forum websites back in the day, to a Simpsons flash site to an indie dev site that was doomed to fail.

And sites such as 4-chan are soo big that your too isolated in the crowd to even make any sort of topics. You're basically alone.

A place like this is promising, due to it's old aesthetics, but it's not that populated.
Even if it's advertised anywhere not like, people are just gonna start popping up.

This is what I feel, online.
I keep going into a more obscure website as the years go by, day by day.

Each new website I start in is less populated then before.
Like the last website I wanted to join was like 9000 more-ish people.
That was around 2014.

I'm not hating on anyone, I just want to vent my loneliness that I cannot escape.
Apr 27th, 2023 at 5:27 pm
It's understandable, and the popularity of forums has been dwindling for awhile. The era of social networking has provided an easy to find and easy to use way of communicating to anyone regardless of how vast your interests are, which has led to the decrease in forum user growth. I've always been particular about using Forums instead, it's what I grew up on when it came to socializing and it feels much more organized and discussion is fairly mature and well laid out for the most part. Social networking always has that flaw that it is too easy to say random garbage on it, where a forum encourages a more thought-out and well-worded response. It's also why I despise Discord so much, as they keep trying to be more than a chat and communication service but do not understand it only promotes little to no thought in responses.

I feel pretty dedicated to this forum, even for as inactive as it is. I haven't really been doing any advertising on it because I am still not completely happy with it so far. I hope to fix that by the next big update, which will hopefully fix all of my annoyances and problems, as well as make it a much more stable and complete site. If this site shuts down anytime soon, expect it is either because I am dead or homeless.
Apr 28th, 2023 at 6:39 pm (edited)
I think as long as we don't forget this place exists and it has a purpose, maybe it's fine if it stays somewhat small and quiet. I'd rather have something smart to talk about every couple of weeks than have 200+ new users coming in constantly filling the site with random filler threads and occasionally dumb shit. Having more activity is nice but it ultimately doesn't add much value once you already have a strong foundational community, unless those new users actually bring something forward. As for Worlio shutting down I doubt that would happen soon, but that's his call.
Apr 28th, 2023 at 6:58 pm
As for Worlio shutting down I doubt that would happen soon, but that's his call.
Won't happen. I've invested too much time and money into this right now to give up easily. The entire site is custom-made by me, and shutting that down would be like throwing away my work. I'll fight my way for it to survive if I have to.
Joined06/07/21
Posts44
Apr 29th, 2023 at 10:12 am
Don't worry this place won't shut down in 4-5 years, its only got a year left if were lucky!
Apr 29th, 2023 at 10:54 pm
I'll keep this site away from dying.

Where would I donate?
Apr 29th, 2023 at 10:57 pm
The '2014' part if referring to that, popular indie dev forum site.
That the admins were bad or something.

The only known person I know who must remember this site is the one who first told me about it.
It had cool game son it she said.

But she won't talk to me anymore, because it's been like over 9 years since.
Apr 29th, 2023 at 11:09 pm
I'll keep this site away from dying.

Where would I donate?
It's on the contact page.

The '2014' part if referring to that, popular indie dev forum site.
That the admins were bad or something.

The only known person I know who must remember this site is the one who first told me about it.
It had cool game son it she said.

But she won't talk to me anymore, because it's been like over 9 years since.
Didn't you make a thread of a game from here? Or was that a different site? Sucks when you lose track of friends online.
Apr 30th, 2023 at 12:04 am (edited)
Yes I have, I just wanted to know if I hadn't dreamt the whole thing up.

I want to find the site, or archives or
even references of it anywhere online.
Apr 30th, 2023 at 12:46 am
Yes I have, I just wanted to know if I hadn't dreamt the whole thing up.

I want to find the site, or archives or
even references of it anywhere online.
Unfortunately, I don't think it will be for a while that you'll find your answer. Hopefully maybe the search indexing of it will eventually reach somebody looking for the same thing and spark some memory. That's another thing I like about forums: They are easily searchable and accessible, which gives a good place for people to stumble upon and go "Hey! I know that!". That is something you can't get with a Discord server or anything.
Guest posting not allowed
Please log in to post a reply.