Forums > Talk > Games
Joined04/01/24
Posts15
Apr 19th, 2024 at 10:31 pm (edited)
I was going to make this just about custom maps, but let's talk maps in any game, official or fanmade. I used to make Quake levels back when I was a teenager, and I've been wanting to hop back into it because those kinda sucked and I can do a lot better now. I started this map back in March of last year, dropped it when I first flew to Wales to see my girlfriend, and now that I've been itchy to make levels again, I picked it back up. Here's some screenshots:

The far corner of MXDM1The slime area in MXDM1Some nice lighting in MXDM1The storage room in MXDM1A hidden sewer bit in MXDM1

This is a recreation of dm_lostvillage, which is apparently still a pretty popular Half-Life 2: Deathmatch map. As much as I like playing it though, it's kinda built like crap, so I stole the layout and am giving it an idbase makeover. It's not an exact replica, some stuff is different, but I'm trying to stay true to the spirit of it at least.

I'd like to map for a whole bunch of games eventually, but Quake gives me the warm fuzzies. It's everything I liked about making Source maps and absolutely none of the stuff I hated.

Anyone else made any levels? If you don't, what are some maps in games that you like, or at least find interesting enough to talk about?
Apr 21st, 2024 at 11:26 am
I know a few mappers from Gamebanana I used to see around, but just when I started to have an idea of what I was doing I moved onto other things, so I don't really have any good maps to show off unfortunately. Maybe someday though
Guest posting not allowed
Please log in to post a reply.